Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
St. Augustine just like any other big city has its fair share of biohazard disasters and knows that they can take place anytime which is why we are on call 24/7/365. At SERVPRO we want to keep our city looking good and keep your business and home feeling safe and clean which is why we have created some tips for you. (Biohazard cleanup tips.)
When you first realize you have a biohazard you should refer to your ERP if you have one or immediately call us at (904)429-4457. If the exposed substance has affected you, you need to cleanse deeply and not approach the area but continue to keep an eye on it at a safe distance while waiting on our team to arrive on the scene. It won't be long!
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (904) 429-4457
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of St. Augustine, St. Augustine Beach, S. Nocatee and World Golf Village has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- St. Augustine
- St Augustine Beach
- Vilano Beach
- Crescent Beach
- Fort Matanzas
- Casa Cola