“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Mold exists everywhere and not only the mold you see, but it also exists on microscopic levels. Thats why complete removal is impossible, but mold remediation is not. Many cleaning and restoration companies may say they can remove the mold entirely which is false news as we all know mold exist in the air and in water as well as in the cleanest house. That being said SERVPRO can properly provide you with mold remediation services that provide you with non-toxic levels and keep growth to a minimum. Removal would most likely call for removal of the structure which we could do but we recommend the remediation, its cost affective and with the mold remediation process it would be like it never happened.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (904) 429-4457
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (904) 429-4457
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine / St. Augustine Beach is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2120 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: